Share what you love about North Sydney to help shape its future – here’s how:
From a favourite bushwalk to a tree-lined street, North Sydney Council is asking everyone to share photos and stories of their favourite places in North Sydney to help shape its future. Whether you’re a resident, worker, student, or visitor to the North Sydney area, you can share your experiences, special moments, and your favourite regular activities. It might be a bush track, your dog running off leash in the park, a favourite swing set in the playground, a certain tree, or of course the spectacular harbour views.
The stories, suggestions and submissions will help direct the North Sydney Community Strategic Plan, which underpins core values and priorities for the area going forward. Participants will be sought from all age groups.
There are various ways to provide feedback via Stage 1:
• survey – prioritise the current Community Strategic Plan’s directions, outcomes and strategies, and identify new issues and priorities
• mapping tool – drop a pin on the online map to identify issues/concerns
• story sharing – share a story and experience about the North Sydney area via the online stories tool or via North Sydney Council’s Instagram or Facebook
• photo album – share a photo of what you love most about the North Sydney LGA (e.g. favourite location, feature or experience) and tag North Sydney Council on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #mynorthsydney or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• children’s artwork – children 12 years and under can visually depicted their vision for the future of North Sydney on the provided template or any A4 format.
• submissions – via the online submission form, or via mail or mail.
Visit us at Local Markets
If you’d prefer to provide feedback in person (or ask a question), we will have a stall at the following markets:
All Participants will receive as an incentive, a ‘Colour Me North Sydney’ colouring book, designed by local artist Raisa Kross, showcasing many of North Sydney’s iconic locations and hidden gems. All submitters will go in the draw to win one of six $50 gift vouchers for a local business.
The two-month consultation period will close on 12 December 2021 and a draft Community Strategic Plan will be reported to the newly elected Council early next year for their review and comment.
Once the draft plan is approved, it will then be placed back on public exhibition for further community feedback, before being adopted by Council by June 2022.
To complement this, Council will also prepare a four-year Delivery Program, commencing on 1 July 2022. The Delivery Program is a statement of commitment – outlining what Council intends to do towards achieving the Community Strategic Plan strategies within the limits of the resources available under its Resourcing Strategy.
o Stage 1: Oct to Dec 2021 – Community Strategic Plan/Delivery Program preliminary feedback
o Stage 2A: Mar/Apr 2022 – draft Community Strategic plan public exhibition
o Stage 2B: May 2022 – draft Delivery Program and draft Resourcing Strategy public exhibition
Find out more about the Community Strategic Plan on North Sydney Councils website.